Bodegas Mauro

Tudela de Duero, Valladolid, Spain

Bodegas Mauro is owned and run by Mariano Garcia and his 2 sons, Eduardo and Alberto.

Mariano has a highly valued reputation in the production of wines of the Duero valley; his success at Vega Sicilia made the Bodega into the icon that it is today.

Bodegas Mauro is located in Tudela de Duero, a small town in the heart of the Duero Valley. Winemaking tradition of this Ribera town stretches back to 1562 when Felipe II made the town exempt from taxes due to the quality of the wines.

The wines of Mauro are opulent and sensual, but balanced, perfectly expressing the identity of their terroir, the characteristics of the grape varieties and personality of the wine maker. Tinto Fino (Tempranillo) and Syrah, are organically grown with great attention to the protection of the natural reserves of the vineyard.

Around 20% of the barrels are renewed annually of which 75% are French oak and the remaining 25% American oak with at least three years of drying naturally and with extra-fine grain.